Are you an experienced Registered Mental Health Nurse with excellent clinical examination skills ready for a new challenge? If you are you looking to take the next step in your career or expand your experience and skill set we could have the perfect opportunity for you!
CRG Medical Services are recruiting a Registered Mental Health Nurse to work with our teams of highly skilled healthcare professionals in HMP Altcourse.
As a RMN in our team, you will aim to provide high quality of care to patients with secondary mental health care needs in a prison setting.
This role works as part of a team delivering care to patients both within the Healthcare Centres and on the Wings within the prison environment.
The individual must have the ability to work effectively as part of a multi professional team within a fast paced environment.
Your responsibilties will include:
- Ensure a high standard of clinical care for patients under your management.
- Assess patients, plan their care, administer treatment and discharge or refer them as appropriate to other healthcare professionals or external agencies.
- Liaising with internal and externals bodies such as Parole Boards, MAPPA, Probation, CMHT, IMB, Prison management.
- Make and maintain complete and accurate clinical records.
- Lead and participate in physical health check clinics.
- Being the Named Nurse for an allocated group of patients.
- Comply with all requirements and/or legislation of the post
- Carry out any other activity or action appropriate to the role of a Secondary Care RMN
The package and benefits:
- Salary £35,000per annum DOE
- Revalidation assistance and support
- On-going professional development
- Free uniform
- Career Opportunities
- Pension Contributions
What you need for the role:
- Registered RMN with current NMC PIN
- Experience in a Prison environment/ Secure Hospital highly desirable.
- Excellent clinical examination skills
- Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to build and develop relationships
- Must be confident and capable of autonomous practice
Who are CRG Medical Services?
CRG Medical Services is a leading provider of forensic medical services across the criminal justice & secure health sector including UK Police Forces and UK Border Force (UKBF), with contracts across Lancashire, Dyfed Powys, Dorset, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Essex, Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridge, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire regions. Our highly skilled Doctors and Health Care Professionals deliver care in secure health environments including custody suites and sexual assault referral centres.
CRG is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
If you believe you fit the above criteria for this exciting role, you can click ‘apply’ or email for more information and a full job description.