About the role:
Are you a Health Care Assistant who is looking to take your Career to the next level? If so we have some great opportunities for you here at CRG Medical Services. We are looking for highly motivated and caring Health Care assistants, preferably with recent experience of working in healthcare, to join our highly motivated and enthusiastic team at HMP Chelmsford to make sure we deliver the best care to our patients.
To contribute and support nurses in the delivery of primary care whilst having the ability to undertake lone working within a secure environment. This is a 40 hours per week on a rolling rota in Chelmsford
What you will be doing:
- Carry out assigned unsupervised nursing care, which will involve the direct and indirect care of patients.
- Lead on Wellbeing and Health Promotion Clinics
- Assessment, treatment, and evaluation of patients care. With supervision and support from trained nursing staff.
- Initiate emergency response and care when first on scene. Attending first aid training
- Pre-release services
- Facilitate and support recognised health screening programmes and record and document appropriately
- To work within a flexible shift system
- To report accidents, violent incidents and complaints according to agreed policies and procedures.
- Apply safe practice under the guidance of Care UK and HMP Service policies and protocols, not undertaking any task outside the boundary of individual’s competence.
The package and benefits:
- Revalidation assistance and support
- On-going professional development
- Free uniform
- Career Opportunities
- Pension Contributions
What you need for the role:
- 3 years residency in the UK
- A Right to work in the UK
- Up to date enhanced DBS
- Excellent clinical examination skills
- Experience as an Healthcare assistant
Who are CRG Medical Services?
CRG Medical Services is a leading provider of forensic medical services across the criminal justice & secure health sector including UK Police Forces and UK Border Force (UKBF), with contracts across Lancashire, Dyfed Powys, Dorset, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Essex, Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridge, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire regions. Our highly skilled Doctors and Health Care Professionals deliver care in secure health environments including custody suites and sexual assault referral centres.
CRG is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
If you believe you fit the above criteria for this exciting role, you can click ‘apply’ or email for more information and a full job description.