CRG Homecare is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Field Care Supervisor to join our team in and around Stoke-On-Trent.
What you’ll be doing
Supporting customers to enjoy the best quality of life that they can in the comfort of their own homes. Compassion, good communication and organisational skills together with a calm and caring manner are vital for this important role in our company.
What the role involves
Develop and supervise a team of care workers to provide high-quality care that is safe, effective and responsive to each customer’s needs and preferences. Support each customer to live their life the way that they choose as far as they are able. Respect customers’ choices and promote their dignity and privacy at all times.
Take part in the out of hours emergency on-call rota as and when required. Effectively deal with emergency on-call issues, for example covering calls either directly or indirectly when Care Workers are sick or absent. Record emergency calls and pass the information to the local branch.
What CRG Homecare can offer you?
- £18,000 per annum
- Free uniform
- An uncapped £250 refer a friend scheme*
We have 2x positions available!
- Caring and compassionate towards people in need of care and support
- Respect for people suffering from a range of medical conditions with different backgrounds and beliefs to your own, commitment to non-discriminatory care practice
- Self-motivated and keen to learn. Willing to seek guidance when needed and to follow instructions
- An excellent timekeeper and reliable
- Professional, smart appearance
Knowledge and understanding
- Good understanding of the needs of people who require care and support at home
- Knowledge of effective care and support planning that is centred on the individual needs and wishes of each customer
- QCF/NVQ L3 or equivalent
- Good understanding of health and safety matters in relation to home care services and of the risk assessment process
- Sound understanding of the principles of good care practice
Experience and skills
- Experience of communicating clearly and building positive working relationships with people who use social care services and social and healthcare professionals
- Ability to support customers with all aspects of their daily living in a manner that respects their dignity is non-judgmental and promotes their independence, choices and privacy
- Experience of care services
- Skills in care and risk assessments and writing care and support plans
- Ability to plan and organise workloads effectively so that customers receive the services that they expect
- Ability to use own initiative and work alone or as part of a team especially in an emergency
- Good administrative skills and computer literacy
- Ability to lead and manage a team of care workers and provide appropriate support, guidance and training
- Ability to maintain clear written records and follow statutory reporting procedures
About CRG Homecare
CRG Homecare provides domiciliary care, supported living and support services to adults and the elderly, within the comfort and security of their own homes and within the community. CRG Homecare can provide basic personal care through to more intensive support covering ABI, learning disabilities, autism and mental health.
CRG is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.